Skip to main content
- Entries will be accepted from anyone carrying out painting and decorating projects, either on new works, refurbishments or redecoration in the UK or Ireland.
- Businesses may submit as many projects as desired; however each must be submitted on a separate entry.
- Projects must have been completed using either Johnstone’s, Leyland or PPG branded paints in the period 1st January 2022 to 16th December 2022.
- Entries submitted after this date will not be accepted.
- On submitting an entry the company confirms that it has been the main contractor and that the project has been managed and completed by them. Due to this being a decorative award, sub-contractors who have been significantly involved in the decorative application of coatings should always be recognised.
- We are looking for projects that demonstrate the highest quality of workmanship, craftsmanship and expertise.
- The complexity of the job, management of the project and achieving consistent quality will all be considered.
- Please provide full details of the works being entered.
- Each application will be thoroughly assessed by our Judging Panel. Shortlisted works will then be subject to comprehensive site visits from PPG’s Technical Judges.
- Each application must be supported by a minimum of 5 photographs of the completed project.
- Entries submitted without sufficient supporting detail or photographed will not be considered.
- Your details and those of your client will be disclosed to our selected third party events agency for the purpose of administering the Painter of the Year competition. By submitting an entry in the competition, you and your client’s details will be deemed as legitimate interest for personal data processing activities associated with Painter of the Year.
- By submitting an entry you are confirming that full client consent has been given to submit the project and that there will be no objection to the use of photographs of the finished work during the awards ceremony and in subsequent support literature and public relations.
- By submitting an entry you agree to these terms and conditions and agree to abide by the rules of the Painter of the Year competition and recognise that the judges’ decisions are final.